When you add a payment method, such as a credit card, it is represented by an eCard, which is displayed on the carousel on your Bluechain app.
Bluechain accept American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
To add a payment method (or eCard):
- On the Home screen, tap Add Payment Method. If you already have payment methods loaded swipe the eCards to the left for this option.
- Select the Payment Type.
- Tap the Camera button to scan the card details or type in the Card Number, Expiry, and CCV/CCID.
Note: For Amex this is the 4 digits on the front of the card. For Visa and Mastercard, this is the 3 digit number on the back of your card.
- (Optional) If you are a business select the Account Owner of the card you are adding.*
- Add the Name on Card*
- Agree and acknowledge the Bluechain Payment Terms.
- Tap Add.
After you have added a payment method you will need to activate it. View the instruction on activating your payment method.
* Note that you can add a single card to Bluechain multiple times. The Name on Card field is used to populate the transaction details on your billers statement along with the bill reference number. The contents of the Name on Card field do not have to match the name on the physical card.
Example: John Doe has a Visa card he uses for both personal and business bill payments. He adds the card in under his personal profile and populates the Name on Card with "John Doe". He adds the card again under his business profile and polulates the Name on Card with "JD Electrical", his business name. He then personalises each card to ensure he uses the right card for each payment.